LIVE, WORK AND INVEST IN MAURITIUS
Mauritius is a famous paradise island with breath-taking sandy beaches, azure lagoons, a tropical climate, a rich culture and a captivating history. Officially known as the Republic of Mauritius, the Island is located approximately 2,400 kilometres off the south-east coast of Africa.
Mauritius can be reached by direct flights from South Africa in approximately four hours. The island covers an area of 1,865 square kilometres with 330 kilometres of coastline. Mauritius is 45 kilometres in width and 65 kilometres in length and it has a population of approximately 1.3 million.
Mauritius provides a relaxed lifestyle, a safe environment, harmonious living, lucrative business opportunities, favourable tax laws and superior schools and universities.
The advantages of doing business in Mauritius include a tax friendly regime with corporate and personal income tax ranging from 0 to 15%, no capital gains tax, tax free dividends and tax holidays of up to eight years for certain structures.
We have a team of senior skilled legal practitioners who offer a complete range of legal services, including:
- Immigration and relocation services.
- Acquiring and transferring of real estate in Mauritius.
- Selling and transferring of South African property.
- Work permits, investor permits and self-employment permits.
- Assistance for setting up of businesses, companies, trusts and foundations in Mauritius.
- Investment and real estate services to foreigners wishing to reside and work in Mauritius.
- Application of all relevant licences and assistance relating to the acquisition of property.
- Corporate and secretarial services to clients.
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency.
- Assistance for corporate structuring and drafting of shareholders agreements and other incidental corporate services.
- Assistance for dispute Resolution: arbitration and mediation.
- Intellectual property and registration of trademarks and patents in Mauritius and within the region and acting as lawful agents.
- Due diligence and regulatory approvals for mergers, acquisitions and takeovers.
- Tax advice to domestic, regional and foreign investors on a variety of issues including tax implications of doing business, tax incentives, and double taxation treaty arrangements.
- Advice on project financing and global business activities.
- Domestic and International debt recovery.
- Forensic investigations and advisory services.
- Registering and setting up of franchises in Mauritius.
For information and assistance contact:
Ms Nicolene Barkhuizen
Tel 012 452 4217