RW’s Labour law practice is known for delivering cutting edge solutions, advice and support to both employers and employees (including labour federations) with employment law issues and disputes.
Our labour, employment and pension lawyers are amongst highly regarded in this field. They assist our clients to manage legal and reputational risks associated with disciplinary recommendations in forensic reports,suspensions, dismissals, industrial relations, employee benefits, employment equity and BEE, promotions, workplace health and safety, retrenchments and transfer of business matters.
Our work ethics includes consulting with Boards of directors/council, legal and forensic teams and management of the various companies including listed private companies, small and medium sized entities, financial institutions and governmental entities.
We share our expertise and experience with you to become part of your team, giving you the most appropriate strategic and integrated legal advice you need as an employer.
Our law firm’s expertise covers the full range of employment law, employee benefits, recruitment procedures, dismissals, employment tribunals, employee benefits and structure, pension fund governance, rule amendments and regulatory compliance
Our advice covers:
- Contentious and non-contentious labour and employment law issues including termination of employment, sexual harassment, discrimination and dispute resolution
Dispute resolution and Litigation- we assist clients by appearing in the CCMA, Statutory Councils, Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court, High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal and Constitutional Court.
- Industrial relations strategy and bargaining
- Managing workplace health and safety liability and providing legal support in the event of a workplace incident, accident or fatality
- All aspects of regulation, management and restructuring of pension fund schemes
- Reviewing employment documentation and policies to ensure compliance with local and international laws
- Managing the influence and demands of other stakeholders such as regulators and trade unions
- Managing the transfer of employment and business issues arising in corporate M&A transactions.
- HR Consulting – as an extension of our Fraud risk governance competencies, we consult on a wide range of employment law governance issues.
- Training and Development – through the RW ACADEMY we present and tailor make seminars and training workshops to empower our clients on how to conduct successful disciplinary hearings, arbitrations and we do training on new legislation or amendments to the Labour Realtions Act and supporting legislation.
- Initiate or Chair hearings – we chair hearings (disciplinary and appeal hearings).
- HR Auditing – we undertake compliance audits to promote a compliance culture in our client’s organisations.
- Mine Health & Safety and Occupational Health and Safety – we conduct accident investigations and represent clients in serious incident and fatality inquiries. We also conduct compliance audits reviews of health and safety policies and procedures for factories and mines.
Our lawyers have knowledge and in-depth experience of working across many industry sectors, including banking, financial services, property, manufacturing, government and retail.
Kindly contact our office at 012 452 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.